ADRENALINE FROM THE TEXTILE SOULS OF MCQUEEN + LACROIX

I'm back to my blog, ready to work on new LADYFITS.  I've had a whirlwind of experiences in April.  Most of which were hearing from people in the community, interacting through events.  I enjoy being amongst my community to discuss how textiles can give form to our understanding of what is around us - it is a communicator and identifier.  I have so many thoughts floating around my mind.  I'm prepping with reading the McQueen book - it is paired with the Exhibition at the Met in New York.  I look towards the great textile souls of McQueen and Lacroix.  It not only gives me inspiration in the physicality of their work.  It also gives me adrenaline to push LADYFITS.  One of my most treasured compliments from April: Someone told me I was the ambassador + couturier of thrift, which I will try to hold my head up high to those standards.    

What's ahead for LADYFITS?  LOTS!  More info to come on my partnership with Goodwill of the Heartland + the National Czech & Slovak Museum and Library.    





No comments:

Post a Comment