TEXTILE FOLK ART_VACLAVIK





TEXTILE FOLK ART_ANTONIN VACLAVIK
Probably THE book that inspires me the most regarding this subject matter_folk dress_his personal view on cataloguing_beautiful photography of a people.  Vaclavik states that this book "is not simply a catalogue of facts about exhibits in glass cases."  He spent many years studying and helping revive this impressive art.  This book serves as a survey of materials to create the folk dress_colours + designs_techniques favored by the skillful people behind the embroidery.  

Vaclavik said it best, "This art, therefore, links the remote past with the living present; it is one of the richest and most rewarding areas of European folk achievement."  

I only came upon this book out of a random discovery_researching through the internet to find resources for LADYFITS.  I'm in the beginning stages of my process to create folk dress with thrift resource.  This undertaking will take some time to complete.  The art form of this dress, detailing takes immense amount of time.  So far, it has been a great experience to allow the fast, bustling life I'm in to slow down.....and create.  

Each time I step into the world of this book, I bow to the creators of this folk dress.  I hope that this blog, newsletter and events in Goodwill Thrift stores_all followers be given the creative stimulation that I receive throughout this process. 


   

No comments:

Post a Comment